Better Business Bureau Partnership – Lāna‘i is OPEN
The partnership with the Better Business Bureau grew out of a presentation at a March, 2015 Small Business Breakfast by BBB CEO/President Greg Dunn titled “Weathering the Perfect Storm – how the Better Business Bureau and the Lāna‘i Chamber can help you build your business during the downturn”. Goals of the partnership were:
- Lāna‘i is OPEN. Lets get the message out.
- Day Visitors are going to be the only tourism resource available during the resort closures. Let’s start now to promote Lāna‘i to day guests and develop a market, independent of the resorts, which will continue into the future after the resorts reopen.
- We can accomplish more by working together and with partners than each of us working alone. Let’s work together to develop day guest’s experiences and make their visit memorable/worthwhile and partner with like-minded entities on Maui and Oahu.
Benefits and Achievements of the partnership were:
- $50 monthly accreditation package including Google SEO Optimization and Upgraded BBB Member Page listings, which was a 90% reduction in monthly BBB fees for SES and Enhanced Member Pages programs offered only for Lāna‘i Chamber members.
- BBB built a Lāna‘i Business Landing page on their website and promoted Lāna‘i businesses and Lāna‘i with a portion of a $120,000 Google ad word grant.
- Discounted co-branded advertising on TV and print media.
- Four Seasons Lāna‘i participated in the accreditation program, TV advertising and committing to golf promotions aimed at attracting day guests.
- Island Air is joined the effort and offered a special airfare for day guests.
- Lāna‘i Visitors Bureau coordinated blogger’s visits to coincide with the public announcement of the Chamber/BBB initiative.